The BBI Dictionary of English Word Combinations
Speak and write perfect English!
- The BBI Dictionary of English Word Combinations tells you which words go together in English and which words do not.
- The BBI will help you master the difficulties of common but unpredictable English phrases and word combinations.
- The BBI shows key differences between American and British English.
- The BBI helps you decide about word combinations that are on the tip of your tongue.
- The BBI gives more grammatical information than any other existing dictionary in easy steps.
- Get the BBI Workbook to teach yourself.
- The BBI has proved its value to hundreds of thousands of users.
- The BBI 2nd revised edition is made fully up to date with modern British and American usage, and now includes 20% more information.
- The BBI is a source of inspiration and will be your mentor and guide for speaking and writing perfect English.
In selecting new material, the authors have made use of a variety of sources, such as:
- comments and suggestions from over fifty reviews published in journals throughout the world;
- additions to the bilingual editions of the BBI, specifically the Maruzen edition (Tokyo, 1993) and the Longman Dictionary of English Collocations (Hong Kong, 1995);
- comments and suggestions from users of the BBI.
Cited by 44 other publications
This list is based on CrossRef data as of 04 may 2021. Please note that it may not be complete. Sources presented here have been supplied by the respective publishers. Any errors therein should be reported to them.