John Benjamins welcomes suggestions for journals. In order to be able to assess your proposal for a new journal, we ask you to provide us with an outline of the proposed journal focusing on the following aspects:
- Description of the aim of the journal and the scope of targeted disciplines. Does it address a commonly known group or field?
- Readership and market: please put forward valid and convincing arguments for the need for this forum, both regarding expected contributions and readership. Would it be interdisciplinary?
- Suggestions for editors, associate editors and editorial board, with a wide geographical and disciplinary coverage (e.g. USA, Japan);
- Publication frequency and number of words per article, number of articles per issue, and number of pages per issue;
- Continuity: is a regular flow of articles guaranteed and how? Will there be enough material right from the start?
- Subscriptions: Is there already a (possible) subscription list, e.g. as part of the membership of an association?
- Competing journals and how does the proposed journal relate to those? Is this journal complementary? How does the journal stand out? Is it gap-filling?
- Related associations and networks;
- Suggestions for special issues.
Please contact our Editorial Staff to discuss your journal proposal.